Thursday, November 13, 2008

nancyandburt Worldwide Begins Recovery Program.


Despite ongoing counseling and a sincere wish to change my behavior I continue to have painful withdrawal symptoms from the 24 hour news cycle of the presidential election. Over the course of the last two months I've found myself staring at Politico, Daily Kos, The Huffington Post, Cnn.com, and various political websites at all times of the day and night. How did I get here, what was I supposed to be working on today, is it Monday or Tuesday, October or November, how did I end up on the RNC web page? I would sit down at the computer to make a blog entry and two hours later find myself reading about the first dude's new clothing.

My first step is to admit that I was powerless over the 24 hour election news cycle. My second step is to realize that a power larger than myself has restored our nation to sanity. My third step is to turn my life over to the new administration and get back to the blog.

No comments: